Primary jurisdiction includes area agencies on aging, California Department of Aging, long-term supports and services, Older Americans Act, Older Californians Act, senior citizen advocacy activities, the California Senior Legislature, services for seniors in residential and day settings and the California Commission on Aging.
Primary jurisdictions include alcohol, Indian gaming, horseracing, gambling, tobacco, public records, open meetings laws, state holidays, outdoor advertising and emergency services/natural disasters (this can be shared with the Housing and Community Development Committee and Local Government Committee).
Primary jurisdiction is the Revenue and Taxation Code.
Primary jurisdictions are insurance (excluding health insurance), workers compensation, and unemployment compensation.
- "Sunrise," the creation of new regulatory entities within the Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA)
- "Sunset," the oversight and elimination of regulatory entities within the DCA
- Health care professional licensing
- Veterinarian licensing
- Occupational licensing
- Vocational education
- The Department of General Services (building standards)
- Product labeling (except agricultural and medical product labeling)
Democratic Caucus Chair
Responsible for helping drive the legislative priority for members of the Democratic Caucus.
Select Committee on Infectious Diseases in High Risk Disadvantaged Communities, Chair
Select Committee on Domestic Violence, Member
Select Committee on Ports and Goods Movement, Member
Select Committee on Foster Care, Member
Select Committee on Community and Law Enforcement Relations and Responsibilities, Member