AD64 Budget Wins 2021
Asm. Gipson Brings Home $2.238 billion for AD 64
- $3 million for Carriage Crest Park in the City of Carson for improvements on existing facilities and renovations of the recreational building.
- $10 million for Center Avenue in the City of Compton to help improve stormwater management, increase recreational opportunities, and expand green space along Compton Creek.
- $10 million for Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital to support critical treatment services focused on the aftermath of COVID-19, an increase in behavioral health counselors, and overall workforce development.
- $15 million for the Student Success Coach Grant Program to support AmeriCorps partners, like City Year LA, in addressing the social-emotional and academic needs of low-income students. (AB 235 - Student Success Coaches)
- $50 million for Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science for infrastructure development.
- $300 million commitment by the Governor to dedicate ongoing funding for public health, including Health Equity, beginning in 2022-2023. (AB 1038 - Health Equity Fund)
- $350 million for the Teacher Residency Grant Program to recruit and retain new teachers, and to increase diversity in the workforce. (AB 520 - Diversifying the Teacher Workforce)
- $1.5 billion for the new Educator Effectiveness Block Grant Program to support teacher and staff professional development, offering structured feedback and coaching systems around social-emotional learning, promoting teacher social awareness, and to create diverse learning environments. (AB 520 - Diversifying the Teacher Workforce)
South Los Angeles, Calif – (January 26, 2022) Today, Assemblymember Mike A. Gipson (D-Carson) announced at a press conference hosted by District Attorney George Gascon and Los Angeles elected officials, a $50,000 crime tip award authorized by Governor Gavin Newsom, for information leading to the arrest and conviction of perpetrators responsible for the murder of 16-year-old Tioni Theus.
SACRAMENTO, Calif --- Assemblymember Mike A. Gipson (D-Carson) released the following statement on the Governor’s state budget proposal:
AB 1608 co-sponsored by Angelo Quinto Family after death of their son in law enforcement custody
“Like our honorable Governor Gavin Newsom already stated: “If TX can ban abortion and endanger lives, CA can ban deadly weapons of war and save lives.”