Gipson Assigned to Seven Assembly Select Committees
SACRAMENTO, Calif --- Assemblymember Mike A. Gipson (D-Carson) was tapped by Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon (D-Paramount) to join seven select committee rosters including:
- Career Technical Education and Building a 21st Century Workforce;
- Community and Law Enforcement Relations and Responsibilities;
- Foster Care;
- Gun Violence in Communities of Color (Chair);
- Infectious Diseases (Chair);
- Los Angeles County Homelessness; and the Non-profit Sector.
"I welcome these select committee opportunities to aggressively address issues which affect my district and all Californians,” said Asm. Gipson. “I look forward to results that will move our communities and state forward. I will continue to work with my colleagues as we fight to bring innovative solutions and services to our constituents.”
In December, Gipson was reappointed for the third time to chair the Assembly Democratic Caucus. His standing committees include Government Organization; Insurance; Business and Professions; Transportation; and Human Services.
Assemblymember Gipson represents the 64th Assembly District which includes Carson, Compton, Gardena, Harbor Gateway, Lynwood, North Long Beach, Rancho Dominguez, South Los Angeles, Torrance, Watts/Willowbrook and Wilmington.