- Record levels of Proposition 98 funds have been put down towards public education and community colleges.
- An astounding number of new spots have been introduced at UC and CSU campuses for undergraduates, along with an expansion of the College Promise fee waiver program within community colleges.
- Medi-Cal is reaching greater horizons for those in need of Postpartum Mental Health Services (residents, seniors, and young adults 19-25 years of age), regardless of immigration status.
- Greenhouse Gas Reduction Funds will be put forth in improvements of water quality within CA communities lacking safe drinking water.
Housing & Homelessness
- A significant infusion of cash has been dedicated to affordable housing.
AD64 Budget Allocations: $41.6 million
Higher Education ($7.5 million)
- $7.5 million will be provided to support Charles R. Drew University.
Clean Water ($0.8 million)
- $0.8 million has been put forth in the need for a water system assessment at the Water Replenishment District of Southern California.
Housing & Homelessness – Foster Youth ( $15.3 million)
- $8.3 million has been approved in support of the Transitional Housing Placement Plus Program expansion; funds working through the Department of Housing and Community Development.
- $7 million will be utilized towards housing navigators for foster youth including placement services; funds working through the Department of Housing and Community Development.
Public Health ($15 million)
- $15 million has been approved for the establishment of five new Centers of Excellence in order to provide adults with vital care for Sickle Cell Disease.
Compton Creek Work Group ($3 million)
- $3 million will be provided for the Compton Creek Watershed planning in the LA County.
For Full 2019-2020 California Budget: www.ebudget.ca.gov